Do you own the deployment of your product and require the .NET Framework to be installed before you can install your application? If so, I want to hear from you.

I have a few general questions but any comments are welcome as long as they are constructive and actionable. My goal is to use this data to do what I can to improve the .NET Framework Redist experience in future versions.

Do you have a bootstrapper/chainer that preinstalls .NET? If so, which one (VSI, InstallShield, Wise, ClickOnce, custom)?

Do you block and point your user to the location to download and install .NET?

How large is your application?

How is your product deployed (Web download, CD, DVD, USB)?

What do you think about the size of the .NET package?

Do you know about the small package for .NET 3.5 that will download only what your user need? If so, do you use it?

What do you like about the .NET Framework Redist?

What do you dislike about the .NET Framework Redist?

Do you have any specific problems you can tell me about that you have had in deploying the .NET Framework?

Like I said, the info above will be helpful to me but I dont want to limit responses to these questions. We have a lot of data about the various issues people encounter while installing the .NET Framework but we dont have as much data about the ways people are deploying it and using it as part of their deployment. This is the type of info I'm looking to gather.

You can post as a comment or email me the info if you dont want it posted and seen by all.

This was originally posted here and may have additional comments.